Pentobarbital sodium Injection. Barbiturates are nonselective central nervous system depressants that are primarily used as sedative hypnotics and also anticonvulsants in sub-hypnotic doses. The barbiturates and their sodium salts are subject to control under the Federal Controlled Substances Act (See ” Drug Abuse and Dependence” section).
The sodium salts of amobarbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital, and secobarbital are available as sterile parenteral solutions.
This page contains information on Pentobarbital sodium Injection for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pentobarbital sodium Injection Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pentobarbital sodium Injection
- Direction and dosage information for Pentobarbital sodium Injection
Pentobarbital sodium Injection
This treatment applies to the following species:
Company: Pentobarbital Pharmacy
6 grains of pentobarbital sodium
FOR VETERINARY EUTHANASIA ONLY
Pentobarbital sodium Injection Caution
Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Dosage: For intravenous (preferred), intracardial, intrapleural, or intraperitoneal injection.
Small animals: 1 mL per 10 lb of body weight.
Horses and other large animals: 1 mL per 10 lb of body weight, to a maximum dose of 100 mL.
Each mL contains:
|Pentobarbital sodium||6 gr|
Green dye to establish a distinctive color.
|ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARD: This product is toxic to wildlife. Birds and mammals feeding on treated animals may be killed. Euthanized animals must be properly disposed of by deep burial, incineration, or other method in compliance with state and local laws, to prevent consumption of carcass material by scavenging wildlife.|
Keep out of reach of children.
Is Nembutal safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Barbiturates can cause fetal damage when administered to a pregnant woman.
- Retrospective, case-controlled studies have suggested a connection between the maternal consumption of barbiturates and a higher-than-expected incidence of fetal abnormalities.
- Following oral or parenteral administration, barbiturates readily cross the placental barrier and are distributed throughout fetal tissues with highest concentrations found in the placenta, fetal liver, and brain.
- Fetal blood levels approach maternal blood levels following parenteral administration.
- Withdrawal symptoms occur in infants born to mothers who receive barbiturates throughout the last trimester of pregnancy.
- If this drug is used during pregnancy, or if the patient becomes pregnant while taking this drug, the patient should be apprised of the potential hazard to the fetus.
- Caution should be exercised when a barbiturate is administered to a nursing woman since small amounts of barbiturates are excreted in the milk.
- Buy Nembutal Online
This is a highly-toxic parenteral solution specifically designed for rapid, painless, and humane euthanasia of animals.
Buy Pentobarbital sodium – Pentobarbital sodium for sale – Pentobarbital sodium for dogs – order Pentobarbital sodium online – Buy Pentobarbital sodium – Pentobarbital sodium for sale – Pentobarbital sodium for dogs – order Pentobarbital sodium online